Last update: October 11, 2018
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the site again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. Cookies provide a convenience feature to save you time, or tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. When you return to the same website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the customized features.
Cookies set by us, on our Services are called "first party cookies". Cookies set by parties other than us are called "third party cookies". Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
We use first party and third-party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Services to operate, and we refer to these as "essential" or "strictly necessary" cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Services. For example, we keep track of the websites and pages you visit within 1abtik, in order to determine what portion of the Services is the most popular or most used. This data is used to deliver customized content and promotions within our Services to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area. Third parties serve cookies through our Services for advertising, analytics and other purposes. This is described in more detail below.
What types of cookies do we use and how do we use them?
The specific types of first and third-party cookies served through our Services and the purposes they perform. These cookies include:
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Services and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
- Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Services are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Services for you. Google Analytics: _utma | _utmb | _utmc | _utmv | _utmz are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Services through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
- Session Cookie: PHPSESSID. This Cookie is generated by applications based on the PHP language. This is a general purpose identifier used to maintain user session variables. It is normally a random generated number, how it is used can be specific to the site, but a good example is maintaining a logged-in status for a user between pages.
- Language identifier: page_lang This Cookie is used to identify the site visitor's language.
How can I control cookies?
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising, and many websites provide a short description of how to opt out of cookies. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Some websites are in particular relating to the opting out of cookies by EU based residents, such as http://www.youronlinechoices.eu. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic advertisements.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To opt out of being tracked by AddThis, visit http://www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out.
If you do not wish to receive cookies at all, most Internet browsers allow cookies to be rejected. In most cases you can still use the website in its entirety. Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Opera, Apple Safari.
Essential website cookies: Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Websites to you, you cannot refuse them. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings however, as described above.
Third Party Cookies and Tracking Technologies
|Google Analytics||Web Analytics||Google Inc.||1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043 USA|
|Google maps||Web Maps||Google Inc.||1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043 USA|
|AddThis||Web Tools||Oracle Inc||500 Oracle Parkway Redwood Shores, CA 94065 USA|
|YouTube||Web Video||Google Inc.||1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043 USA|
|Facebook Like, Comments, Feed||Facebook Inc.||
1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, California 94025 USA
|Ecwid||eCommerce||Ecwid||144 West D Street Suite 103 Encinitas, CA 92024 USA|
|Follow Us||Facebook Inc||1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, California 94025 USA|
Where can I get further information?